Thursday, October 30, 2008

In Seoul

I made it to Seoul safe and sound. The flight over was quite eventful, and surprisingly short (at least it felt like that to me). I have settled into the race hotel and things are ticking along. Although, it is 5:30 in the morning and I have been up for at least 1.5 hours. Still haven't kicked the jet-lag yet. The last 4 times I have came over to Asia my body settles into a routine: Desperately try to stay up until 9:00PM, wake up at 4:00AM, Nap around 1:00PM after lunch, and repeat. Everyday I get closer and closer to adjusting to normal and then BAM!, I fly back to the US and mess up the 'ole clock again.

The hotel here is top-notch per the Asian norm, and I have to say the food is the best I have had in Asia so far. It is unreal how "easier" these Asia trips become when the food and hotel is not disgusting. The last couple trips I have taken to Asian provided a few moments of "what the heck am I doing here" as I stand in some awful hotel with no-one else around with whom I can commiserate, and last nights food (or whatever that was) doing somersaults in my belly. This one has been quite pleasurable so far.......except it it FREEZING!

This place is ridiculously cold. The high yesterday was in the 50's. That is the high folks, not what temp it was at 9:30 when we are supposed to race. This morning it is in the low 50's and pouring rain. The ocean is a mild 62 degrees, so I guess it could be worse, right? Well, hopefully it will be relatively warm on race day. We will see.

That is it for now. I might check in again before race day. Wouldnt wanna be too adventurous and blog 3x/week........

Cheers,
B

No comments: