Friday, July 03, 2009

about that time

It is about time for an update. Training has been rolling along since I got back from Korea. Nothing too special or crazy, but just some solid work. I had to take about a week ez/recovery after Korea. I thought that I would be fine in a few days, but I think the length of the course, the difficulty, and the long travel home took a little larger toll than expected. After some light training, I hopped in another 10-day block to get ready for San Francisco ITU and then my subsequent Euro-trip.

My next 5 weeks will be quite crazy. Here is the itinerary:
July 9th-Depart for San
Francisco
July 11th-San Francisco ITU Triathlon
July 14th-Depart for Paris
July 15th-Arrive in Paris, depart for Vendome
July18th-Depart from Vendome to Tours
July19th-French Grand Prix Triathlon
July 20th-Depart Tours for Font Romeu Training camp (altitude)
Aug 6th-Depart Font Romeu for Paris
Aug 7th-Depart Paris for Budapest, then onto Tizzy (way too long to type actual name)
Aug 9th-Race ITU Tizzy World Cup
Aug 10th-Depart Hungary for Paris
Aug 11th-Fly back to the 'ol USA

Sounds a little crazy, but I think in reality it will be a great trip with some really fast racing, and hopefully some good results. I am really excited about the short altitude camp in the south of France (Font Romeu). It is supposed
to be one of the best places in the world to train. I will have a good group of guys there to train with, and the facilities or next to none. I am interested to see how my body responds to altitude. I have not been up in several years, and never in this part of the season.

Of course I will keep the blog updated as I travel. I tend to forget to blog when at home as life is quite monastic and oftentimes just boring. As I travel, I will snap some pics and share the journey. Since some people like to look at pictures and don't like to read, I have put some pics I just found from China last year up. Turns out I am kinda a big deal there.....

I love how the Chinese writing is completely over Betten's face!

Not exactly and ITU-legal uniform...whoops!

And while a mild rock-star in Yicheng, China (don't google it because there is no way you will find it), I enjoy complete anonymity in Fort Worth, Texas. Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

Barrett

2 comments:

Brent Poulsen said...

that billboard is badass!

Barrett Brandon said...

thx man. that's what racing 5x in China will do for you I guess....good luck in Vic