Wednesday, January 17, 2007

why i love nebraska!

The above pic is from Saturday where temps were in the single digits and high winds. I did a tempo run, and thought that it was pretty significant, so I took pic's of myself. Little did I know that I was going to be one-upped by myself the following day.

These two pictures are from my long run on Sunday. 16 miles, just under 2 hours, below zero temps, snow, wind, and oh yes: a 2 inch icicle(sp?) hanging from my beard. It is not fake folks. In fact, It was so frozen to my beard that I couldn't get it off for ten minutes or so after the run.

Anyways, This is just one of the reasons that Nebraska is the best state in the union.

Cheers,
B

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're so hardcore.

Anonymous said...

Dude, that is so awesome. I wish I could show you what my last run was like....80 degress along the beach! Ok dude keep it real, I'll be seeing you in Bangkok in about a month and a half. Bangkok. Bang..shut up richard.

Brooke said...

that ice will melt right off ya over here.... you'll wish you were back in the freezing weather!

i get to see you in a month!!! wooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

question: do i need to get your ticket from BKK to here? are any friends of yours coming with you to chiang mai?

hope you're havin' fun in aggieland! :)