Wednesday, February 28, 2007

fallin' off the bandwagon

Ouch.

It has been about a month since my last post. Well in the last month quite a lot has happened. I put in the 3 largest run weeks of my life, then got sick. Went from 72 miles to 21 in a week. Chills, fever, coughs, just all the fun stuff. The sickness coincided with my traveling to Texas. So what was supposed to be a week of cycling and running in the sun, turned into a 3.5hr total week. Yeah, ouch!

Now I am back in good old Nebraska, waiting for another snow storm to hit. I think this one will hit tomorrow. You know, they talk all the time about global warming, but we have had the worst winter (coldest, snowiest) in years. I wish they could send a little more global warming this way! Well, the training is getting back on schedule. I have a couple of weeks then it is of to Thailand for the first race of the year. Its a two week trip, full of training and racing. I can't wait. I feel a little out of shape and undertrained, but there is nothing like going half-way around the world to get your butt kicked.

I promise the next post will be sooner. I also would have added pictures to this post, but I am stealing internet from across the street, and who wants to see more pic's of snow and icycles hanging from my beard.

Until next time.....Cheers,

B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you didnt call your sister on he birthday...

Brooke said...

ooooooohhh... you're in troooouble. call your little sister now!

i will SEE you soon! :) can't wait til you're in asia-land!